We are looking for passionate engineers to join our agile team driven by the exciting evolution of the automotive marketplace.
NXP’s Software Engineering Solutions (SES) department provides tools and services for use by NXP’s software development teams across multiple business units worldwide. The goal is to deploy and maintain software engineering tools (commercial and open source) for NXP’s various business units, ensuring performance, availability, security, and reliability at enterprise scale.
The position offers the opportunity to drive DevOps efficiency at the company level by designing and deploying Jenkins as a new, centrally managed service with federated instances in locations worldwide.
We want you to:
- Partner with IT and NXP’s business unit DevOps teams to design a federated (centrally managed) architecture for Jenkins within the company
- Work in an Agile team to implement and deploy the Jenkins service on NXP’s private cloud and/or public cloud platforms, including installation, configuration, monitoring and alerts, automation of routine tasks, disaster recovery, etc.
- Develop procedures and guidelines for operation of the service, including runbooks and training for junior members of the team that will help run the service
- Engage with NXP’s software development teams and DevOps teams to migrate jobs and data from their self-managed, ad-hoc Jenkins instances to the federated, IT-supported Jenkins solution
- Advise on Jenkins best practices; provide support NXP development teams with respect to Jenkins; the experience level of such teams could range from very basic to very sophisticated
- Drive resolution of issues that arise related to the Jenkins service, ensuring effective communication with affected teams and users
We need you to have:
- 5-10 years of experience in a DevOps or build engineering role, including at least 5 years of experience with Jenkins in an administrative role for a medium to large organization
- Academic degree in the area of computer science, computer engineering, or business informatics; or significant similar professional experience
- Proficiency and proven experience in the following technologies:
- Jenkins (specifically with CloudBees Core Jenkins desired but not required)
- Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Linux, Ansible
- Git, Subversion, Maven, Python, Groovy
- Expert-level knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery concepts and best practices
- Ability to lead and train junior team members to achieve project objects
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Willingness to work in an Agile team but also be self-directed with high engagement
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.